Paleo Apple Fritter Muffins
(Makes 14 muffins)
For the muffins:
1 cup cashews, unsalted
4 dried medjool dates, pitted
2 tablespoons honey
½ cup cinnamon applesauce
⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons coconut Flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 heaping tablespoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
For the topping:
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 apples, cored and diced
2 tablespoons coconut milk
3 tablespoons coconut butter (or almond butter)
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
3-4 tablespoons coconut sugar (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place a tablespoon or so of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add your diced apples to the pan, mix around, then cover to help soften your apples.
4. While your apples are cooking, add your cashews to your food processor and puree.
5. When your cashews become more like a flour, add your dates, honey, applesauce and coconut oil and puree.
6. Then add your eggs and vanilla extract, and puree.
7. Lastly add your coconut flour, baking soda and powder, cinnamon, and salt and puree until all incorporated.
8. Grease your muffin tin or use foil muffin liners with no grease and pour in your muffin mixture half way up (to keep room for your topping on top).
9. Now finish off your toppings. To your apples that have been sauteeing, add your coconut milk, almond butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and a bit of salt. Mix well.
10. When your toppings are well combined, pour about 1 tablespoon of your mixture onto each muffin, sprinkling each one with a bit of coconut sugar, if desired.
11. Place in oven for 15 minutes until cooked through.
12. Let cool thoroughly.
For nut free: use ⅔ cup sunbutter for the muffins and 3 tablespoons sunbutter for the topping!
1 muffin: 233 calories, 17g fat, 126mg sodium, 21g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 4g protein
Leave a Reply.